Balance beams have a huge variety in the market. Especially, balance beams for toddlers come in different sizes and shapes. They also have different colors for genders! Of course, there are some factors you should know before buying a balance beam for your toddler! Since you are purchasing this one for your toddler, we know who is going to use it. Second, how he or she will use it and the third one is the most important. Where are you going to place it for your toddler’s practice!
If you are going to get this one for gymnast toddler, the choice is going be different. You have to pick a reasonable balance beam according to his or her skills! The size and height of the beam are critical here. If your toddler gymnast skill set is low, you have to go with wider balance beams. Also, if the beam is closer to the ground, it’s better for your toddler. You can get higher ones for more skilled children! High beams are generally considered as professional ones; however, your toddler can still use them under your guidance! Professional type balance beams have a height of 1.25m you should go with lower ones if you are buying a balance beam for your toddler! The standard width of a beam is around 10 cm. You can also get wider ones for the beginning!
If your purchase balance beam for healthy physical activity and you don’t have any idea of making your children a gymnast, you should follow these tips. You don’t have to pay too much for a balance beam set. There are some good ones between 30$-50$ range. You should look at ones that are safe and durable in the place!
As a parent, you must be careful with your toddler’s practice! You have to be patient, and you should never rush things. Gymnastics skills are hard, and they are hard to develop. A parent should have perseverance and push your toddler according to his or her skill level! As you progress in terms of skill level, you can buy new balance beams according to your toddler’s skill level!
The place you are going to use it is really important, if you are going to get something for your backyard, you should look at ones which are water and weather resistant. The standard length of a balance beam is 5 meters. You can’t probably fit this one into your house! To summarize, make your choice according to the place you are going to use the balance beam!
Top Rated 11 Balance Beams for Toddlers and Kids
Artoflifer Kids Indoor and Outdoor Balance
- There are two versions at the sales page. The green one is longer compared to the multi-color version.
- You can use the multi-color version to teach your kid about colors.
- The balance beam is suitable for both indoor and outdoor. It’s made of weatherproof material!
- The material is PE plastic which can carry up to 400 lbs. It’s non-toxic and environmental friendly!
- The parts are connected with hooks which makes it easy to fold it up. You can store it effectively. It also has a storage bag which is great!
- The balance beam can change shapes which makes it great for different training purposes. You can use the circle course to train balance and leg strength.
- The straight course has a length of 160 inches which is easier if your kid is just starting out!
If you are looking to provide fun for your kid, you can prefer this balance beam. It’s basically a toy but works great as a training tool for beginners!
We Sell Mats 9′ Folding Floor Balance, Beam
- We sell mats folding floor balance beam has the quality, it’s one of the best balance beams in the market.
- It’s 9 feet long, and durability is excellent.
- You can use this one inside your home without any problems.
- Medium-density foam core build is durable, and it allows your toddler to perform gymnastics skills with ease.
- It has six different color options, including; black, pink, blue, green, red, and purple!
- The top surface is 10 centimeters, which is the same as the Olympic ones!
If you are buying the balance beam for a skilled toddler or if you want to grow him or her as a gymnast, you can buy this one! It’s suitable for both outdoor and indoor usage! However, I suggest this one for indoor use because of the folding ability. You can easily carry it around and store it anywhere you like! Great for any beginner gymnast out there!
Tumbl Trak Sectional Floor Balance Beam
- The total length is 4 feet, which is okay for beginner moves!
- Your toddler can also practice martial arts on it because of the surface!
- If you lack space, you can get this small balance beam for toddlers!
- Sometimes the company offers coupon codes that allow for a 10% discount.
- Four inches high from the ground, which is safe for beginners.
- The top surface is 4 inches. It’s the same as the ones used in the Olympics!
- This one is great for indoor use because of its size.
This balance beam for toddlers is excellent! It’s tiny and compact. You can easily carry it inside your house. However, storing can be a problem since it’s not foldable! But, this product has the quality and the looks! If you didn’t like the product above, you could buy this one. They are almost the same! But, this one is a little bit smaller and not foldable!
Z-Athletic Gymnastics Folding Training Low Beam – Best Indoors Balance Beam for Toddlers!
- The total length of the balance beam is 9 feet!
- It’s lightweight and easy to carry around. It’s also foldable, which is excellent!
- Made from polyethylene, and it’s also highly durable!
- It is covered with synthetic suede!
- You can easily fold it into half and store it in any place you like!
- It has different design options! You can pick between 6 design models!
This one has better quality than the other ones, and it’s perfect for indoor usage! It’s durable and sturdy! It’s only a few inches high from the ground, which is great for practicing skills! You can also store it quickly because it’s foldable! If you are looking for a quality product which you can use for years, you can get this balance beam!
Guidecraft Balance Beam
- It is made of solid birch beam.
- You can easily use this one outdoors!
- The total length is 72 inches.
- Width is around 3 inches.
- Very well constructed and the price is perfect for this kind of quality!
- You can easily use this one for toddlers between 2 and 4 ages old!
- This product will increase the toddler’s concentration.
- You can set it between two positions, including; narrow and wide. You can easily switch sides!
If you are looking for an entrance level gymnastic balance beam, this one is great for your kid! You can easily use it outdoors because of the wooden design! The sun won’t have any adverse effect on it! You can also easily use the side of this product, a different experience! If you are looking to improve your toddler’s necessary coordination and balance skills, you can get this balance beam!
Constructive Playthings Two-Way Balance Beam
- Solid hard maple beam, extremely durable product.
- It’s made of high-quality material, and it’s perfect for outdoor use!
- Height is around 5.5 inches.
- The total length of the balance beam is 75 inches.
This one is a little bit different than the one above! It has a higher quality because of the maple wood! The texture looks great. It’s suitable for toddlers above two years of age! You can buy this wooden balance beam if you are looking for something with more quality!
Joom Beem Purple Non-Folding Competition-Style 8Ft Suede Balance Beam Low Profile
- Durable wooden construction as core!
- The suede-covered top is comfortable on the legs and hands!
- Four inches wide, which is great for practicing for the real Olympics!
- Six inches high from the ground provides a little bit of extremity for real practice!
- You can easily install leg braces because of pre-drilled spots!
- Leg braces provide excellent stability over a tumbling mat!
- Highest quality in the market!
If you are more serious about the training of your toddler or kid, you can get this one. However, this one might be hard to use for some toddlers! Because it almost looks like a real balance beam! If you are searching the get the highest quality and you want to practice your toddler’s skills, you can get this one!
Powerfly 7 Feet / 8 Feet Gymnastics Foam Balance Beam
- One of the safest balance beam for toddlers!
- It’s only five centimeters high from the ground, which makes it safe.
- Reasonable price with okay quality.
- Easy to carry around and store. It’s lightweight.
- You can quickly increase your toddler’s ability and confidence with this one.
- The top is 10 inches wide, which is the standard!
This is another alternative balance beam for toddlers! It’s only 5 centimeters high from the ground, which makes it usable for toddlers. You can quickly increase the skills of your small gymnast with this balance beam. I only suggest this one because of the low price. If you have more budget, you should buy the ones at the top!
Healthstar Foam Balance Beam
- Entry-level balance beam for toddlers.
- Six inches of the walking surface provides better safety. It’s 2 inches bigger than the standard one(4 inches).
- Suitable for beginners.
- It’s a low cost and provides a great alternative against the more expensive ones.
- 54 inches long!
If you are just starting and don’t have anything in your mind, you can begin the practice by getting this product! It’s perfect for beginners. You can begin by improving primary balance and coordination skills on this balance beam with ease! This is a cheap alternative to all of the products above. You can get it without hesitation!
JuperbSky Gymnastics 4 Feet PVC Sectional Floor Foam Practice Balance Beam for Kids
- Specially designed for young kids.
- Made of PVC.
- Non-toxic materials, and it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients!
- Four inches wide top surface is great, provides excellent stability.
- You can easily connect different balance beams for longer training areas!
- They are lightweight and easy to carry around!
- It has two color options, including blue and purple.
This is another entry-level product. It has a little better quality than the one above! I liked this one, it provides everything you need from a balance beam, and it has a very reasonable product! I suggest this product who are looking for a price/performance balance beam!
JuperbSky Gymnastics 4ft Balance Beam for Kids
- It has five different color options, including; azure, blue, pink, red, and green!
- Four feet long and 4 inches on the surface!
- You can connect separate ones with velcro fastener.
- High-quality and durable product!
Balance Beam Types
There are different types of balance beams in the market. Each one has different qualities. They are all made for different purposes and skill levels. In this section I’m going to give you information about the types including;
- High Beam
- Low Beam
- Folding Beams
- Stable Beam
- Profesionals usually use high balance beams they are 4 feet high from the ground.
- Most of these types of balance beams are generally used in extreme training before the competition.
- Training on the high balance beam is hard for beginners, so I would not suggest this for a toddler.
- Also, a toddler can never do such tricks on a high balance beam.
- Low beams are generally great for beginners.
- You can train your toddler with a low balance beam.
- There are different models in the market.
- Their height varies from 1 inch to 10 inches from the ground.
- 1 or 2 inches higher from the ground should be suitable for toddlers.
- I can suggest low balance beams for toddlers!
- If you lack space, this type of balance beam will be good for you.
- You can fold them and store them in a small place.
- There are different models. Some are designed like low beams.
- You can find suitable folding balance beams for toddlers with ease.
- Suggested if you lack space.
- Stable beams are generally used outdoors or gyms.
- There are low and high versions of it.
- Generally made of wood and covered with suede.
- Great way to train for real competition.
- Not suggested for toddlers. However, you can still find low height ones in the post!
How to Pick the Best Balance Beam for my Kid
It’s very important to decide the dimensions you want for the balance beam! The materials are also highly important. For example, a high beam will not be usable by a toddler. Another example, a wooden balance beam with a bad covering material will hurt the hands of your kid. So both dimensions and material quality are really important for the health of your kid!
- Let’s come to a solution. The dimensions should be suitable for your toddler. You should always go with lower height ones in the beginning. You can also pick wooden low height beams for the beginning. They are great for practicing basic balance and coordination for a toddler!
- The surface of the balance beam is really important too. Wooden ones are generally just made for walking. You can only train balance on them with shoes on most of the time however if you want to get into real gymnastics. You should pick the ones with suede or leather-covered ones! Why should you pay that importance to the material? Because the hard material can easily cause blisters on your child’s hand. So you should always pick the one with the most suitable material.
Are Balance Beams Bad for Your Toddler’s Health?
Balance beams are one of the most important gymnastics equipment out there. There are a variety of exercises your toddler can do with it. This results in a variety of precautions you should take. Since there are too many exercises you can do on it, there can be unwanted health consequences. However, a balanced exercise with a professional coach will eliminate all of this nonsense.
- If your toddler is below age one and he or she can barely walk. Of course, the balance beam is going to be bad for oneself.
- You can start with basic exercises like walking on the balance beam with help.
- Wooden balance beams or low balance beams will be great for the beginning.
- As your kid makes progress, you can slightly begin into other exercises.
- Exercises like handstands or cartwheels should only be done with the help of a professional.
If you do everything according to the book, there are no reasons you should be afraid of it! It’s a great way to engage your kid in physical activities. Gymnastics is beneficial to a kid’s health, but only if done correctly! Take all of the things into consideration if you want to avoid further problems! Take care of your children’s health with proper exercises and proper execution of the exercises!
Using Exercise Mats Alongside Balance Beams
Especially for high beams, you should consider combining a balance beam for a thick exercise mat for toddlers’ safety. It is a suggestion to consider for many. Moreover, it’s more than a suggestion if the little one has some talents and confidence to try things on beams. It feels like using a seatbelt. You would need mats even without beams anyway. In other words, exercise mats already have their benefits. You can find information and reviews of the best exercise mats here.