Last Updated on
We care for our babies with thousands of measures, featuring a body lotion for kids is just one of a thousand. However, it is widespread all around the world that when kids grow up, parents tend to care less about them. That will not be a significant problem if you manage to bring kids in caring for themselves. In other words, you need to replace your intensive care time with their personal care.
We already tend to teach them to wash their hands and brush their teeth every day by themselves. Then, why not apply the same for skincare?
We’ll choose and buy for them when they are young. As the kids grow up, you’ll give them more freedom to choose their own skincare products. Maybe then, you’ll enjoy their own picks. They might prefer different scents and different types of products. So, let’s help them acquire some skills to take further care.
Let’s see your options for now, and then we’ll mention things to consider while buying body lotion for kids.
Baby Magic Calming Bath
- This one has a big and small version.
- You can use the big one for a long time.
- The gentle formula is perfect. It doesn’t have any sulfate or paraben in it. No phthalates in it.
- Dermatologists tested this product for allergy and other symptoms. It’s not harmful to kids.
- The lavender and chamomile help to calm down the kids.
- It has a soothing formula that is perfect for kids.
- Aloe helps with the refreshing of the skin. This is an excellent product for dry skin.
- It’s made in the USA, which makes it high-quality.
The price of the product is really reasonable compared to other ones. The lavender and chamomile feel really great. You can use this during bedtime to calm down the nerves of the baby!
The Lotion Company 24 Hour Skin Therapy Lotion
- This is a full-body moisturizer that can be used in any place.
- It provides 24-hour nourishment for your baby’s skin.
- It provides immediate relief for dry skin.
- There are eleven different scents available on the seller’s page.
- The gentle design is excellent for sensitive skin. It won’t cause any rashes on the baby’s skin.
- The ingredients are all-natural. It doesn’t contain any petrolatum or harmful materials at all!
Eleven different scents are perfect for indecisive people. You can pick something you like and enjoy the perfectness of this lotion.
Aveeno Sheer Hydration Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- The product size is 12 ounces, which is average for this type of product.
- This product is great for dry skins. It will hydrate the skin for 24 hours!
- Your baby’s skin will absorb the product after the application, and it’s so easy to use.
- It doesn’t have any fragrance in it, which makes the product perfect.
- This dry skin lotion is perfect for babies, especially if they have this kind of problem.
- The brand is around for 65 years, which makes their products decent.
If you are looking for a natural product with the right ingredients, you should use this product. It also doesn’t have any scents in it, which makes it a great choice!
Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion with Organic Calendula
- Cetaphil’s Calendula is a unique body lotion for a soothing formula for kids.
- It helps in solving dry and sensitive skin problems.
- The ingredients include sweet almond oil and sunflower oil without parabens, colorants, or mineral oil types.
- Dermatologists tested the product and certified it as hypoallergenic.
- You can use it to heal some problems and protect for other possible problems.
- The manufacturing date stays up to date thanks to smart adjustments of shelf life and sells rate.
- It smells floral.
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Cream
- This one is the highest performing product in the market if you are looking for a nutritious one. It’s very successful at hydrating the skin.
- Such a powerful product will protect against possible skin cell disorders.
- After the first use, it leaves the skin comfortable and feels soothing.
If you do not care much about “this-free-that-free” mottos, this one will be the best choice. Do not misjudge the situation. This product is still hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. They enhanced the formula to be able to use for kids. They tried to keep the feeling of the original Vaseline quality. Because it is not as cheap as the other options, you can go for it when you’re looking to healing from severe situations.
Petrolatum: It is known to be cancerogenic in general because it is petrol-based. However, it’s not the case when the topic is body lotions. They purify the raw petrolatum before adding to the ingredient list. Petrolatum is such a powerful moisturizer that manufacturers and dermatologists found it worthy of processing purification. After all, clinical tests have proven that petrolatum won’t behave hostile once purified for skincare products. It’s been widely used since A. Chesebrough discovered by chance this in 1859.
Organic Lavender Lotion
- Aloe Vera meets olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil to produce this organic body lotion. Moreover, it is handmade!
- It has just an average price compared to contesters.
- When the kids are young, you might start this habit of caring for their skin with this product.
- It will mostly solve and protect against dry skin, itchy skin, eczema, and psoriasis problems.
- It moisturizes the skin to take care all day.
- Natural Escapes will feel silky smooth after usage, and it will last twenty-four hours.
All organic ingredients of this product are cruelty-free. You can trust it and habitually use it.
Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection
- This one is perfect for sunny weather.
- It provides the utmost protection for your baby’s skin.
- 50 spectrum sunscreen lotion provides significant protection for your baby’s skin.
- The formula is specially designed for your baby’s skin.
- The product contains naturally derived zinc-oxide, which is great for your baby’s skin.
- It doesn’t contain any paraben or other hypoallergenic ingredients in it.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation approves the product.
If you are living in a sunny environment, this one might be useful for you. It will moisturize the skin of your baby and protect it from the sun.
What to expect from body lotions for kids
Hydration is the most crucial feature. Brands use different formulas, but the main idea is the same. For most of the cases, the oil type used defines the overall quality and cause of the skin lotions.
Natural ingredients are also essential. Many parents now care about this. Manufacturers often use the motto “zero is the hero.” They mean using no parabens or colorants in their formulas. To provide this condition, they prefer flowers and plant-based ingredients. However, keeping the plant-based body lotions won’t always be easy. That’s why organic products might cost slightly higher.
If the product is scent-free, that’s the most guaranteed choice. At first, everyone likes to smell lavender or daisy. You might get quickly bored with some scents in a month easily. Therefore, I’m always in favor of products with no scent.
Dermatological tests and certification is also significant. Especially if you want to give some new brands a shot, you’d at least like to see some certificates.
We also expect from a body lotion for kids to absorb quickly. This also helps not feeling greasy. However, we shouldn’t blame the product if we exaggerate the usage amount or frequency.
Another thing is the handcraft. If possible, you would give a chance to handcrafted products that are free from all the sulfates and parabens. Most trademarks apply the generally accepted procedures while manufacturing their products, but handmade products are more lively. They will be personally responsible for the handcrafted products while the trademarks won’t even feel a lost lawsuit in case of a serious problem.
When to use
Using body lotion for kids won’t solve every kind of skin problem. For instance, if you do not shorten bath time, the skin will be severely affected because of water cold, warm or hot. So, we can clearly infer that body lotions for kids are meant to use right after the bath. In addition, you should care about water intake to keep the body hydrated in general. When things go wrong, and your kid couldn’t somehow take enough water, you can use body lotion for kids more often to compensate for the situation, at least for the skin.
Low water intake will cause many serious problems, and dry skin is just a simple one of them.
Why it is this much related to bath
Typically, the skin produces its own moist during the day. People sweat to adjust the body for the weather conditions. Skin somehow gets fed thanks to this moist and exude.
When people take a shower or have a bath, they wash away the natural measure taken by the body itself. People also dry themselves with towels and bathrobes. If we rub to dry faster and better, we also take the nutrients away from the skin. So, the skin is most sensitive after the bath. Respectively, that’s the exact time the skin needs moisturizing. The skin becomes slightly irritated, but it is not visible. So, many people don’t remember it because they don’t see a sign. The continuous habit of not using body lotions, using too hot water, and rubbing the skin with towels cause skin aging eventually. Previously, we have mentioned about the bath bombs for kids, as well. If you also check that topic, it might help.
Foster Autonomy and Encourage Child Personal Care Perception
Encouraging children to care for their health & care is very important. It has benefits for family relationships as well.
Usually, kids that have little siblings develop these skills by observing. Every day, they see their little brother or sister taken care. So, they intuitively get some ideas through health & care.
You can start by letting them apply the body lotion for kids by themselves. Later on, you’ll see that they’ll have preferences.
Imagine how intensive care we give to our babies and how we leave them alone when they reach school age. I sometimes think that if that care could last longer, people would live a more extended period of their lives healthier. As it won’t be possible to arrange someone to take care of them a lifetime, autonomy will be the savior.
By the end of 2019, prices should range between $9 to $40 for the most common amount of 8 oz. So, you might doubt and review your choice if your choice doesn’t have a place between this range. We cared about the current sales on body lotion for kids. Should we need to change, we don’t hesitate to update.
You’re probably reading this because you realized you need body lotion for kids. We cannot define and editor’s choice because of the subject. It depends on personal details. However, if you still want me to name one, I would choose the “Natural Escapes” option.
The possible choices are derived from thousands of products with similar ingredients. They are quite alike to one another. Fortunately, we’ve been able to check customer reviews, prices, and overall quality of ingredient materials to provide such a post for our readers.
After you see the options listed above, you quite possibly feel like you’ve chosen one.
You might have some ingredients to avoid. They are possibly parabens, phthalates, fragrance artificials, and formaldehyde.