If you are going to teach your kid how to surf, you should get a proper soft surfboard first. There are a lot of variables when it comes to picking these boards. The sport is growing really fast so it causes confusion when it comes to picking a board. Parents generally don’t have the necessary knowledge when it comes to surfing so they tend to send their kids to summer camps or surfing schools. These places are great if you are going to teach your kid surfing.
Your kid is definitely going to love surfing so after a while, they will start to look at surfboards online. This is where they need your help because they can’t find the ideal surfboard for themselves. You have to help your kid and find a suitable one. You can ask the camp director or instructor about surfing boards if you want to. Having a general idea is really great about any topic. Make sure you do proper research before you buy a soft board for your kid. I’m going to review the top 10 soft surfboards for kids in this article. Hope you can find something suitable for the kid.
Top 10 Soft Surfboards for Kids
|SBBC - 7’ Soft Top Surfboard||8.6|
|South Bay Board Co. 8’8 Beginner Foam Surfboard||8.4|
|Giantex Surfboard Surfing Surf Beach Ocean Body Foamie Board||8.2|
|Driftsun Nymbus Foam Surfboard||8.4|
|Boardworks Froth! Soft Top Surfboard||8.8|
Goplus 41 inch Super Bodyboard Body Board
- Four different designs on the sales page. The yellow coconut design looks really great. It has vibrant colors which might be great for kids.
- The patterns are different on every board.
- The bodyboard is made of XPE which is a high-quality material. It has great durability and it’s impact resistant.
- The bottom part is made of high-density polyethylene which adds stiffness to it.
- The quality of the board is great which makes it useful for a long time.
- The price is really great compared to other boards.
- This is the only bodyboard on the list so make sure you check other ones on the list.
- If you are looking for a beginner body board for kids this one is great!
SBBC – 7’ Soft Top Surfboard
- The surfboard is a little bit longer which might be hard for beginners however it’s wide enough to provide great stability.
- It can carry beginner riders up to 170 lbs with ease.
- The top board deck is made of IXPE foam which is great.
- 2+1 stringer system is useful for beginners.
- The top part is covered with 6oz of resin for ultra protection. It’s designed to last for a long time.
- This surfboard is definitely beginner friendly.
- The price is a little bit expensive. However, it’s really high quality and it has everything a beginner needs!
- The chest area is widened so it will be suitable for beginners. Kids can hop up on it easily.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
- If you are looking for a high-quality soft surfboard for kids this one is great!
THURSO SURF Lancer 5’10” Fish Soft Top Surfboard
- The price is average compared to its peers.
- The steel swivels are extremely high quality and they are 6 inches long.
- It comes with an ankle leash which is made of recycled materials.
- The board is designed with stability in mind which makes it great for kids. The extra stability design is really great for beginners and kids.
- The glide makes it easy to ride which is also great.
- The EPS core is extremely high-quality which makes it really durable!
- The top part of the board is sealed and well cushioned which makes it resistant to water effects. If you take good care of it, you can use it for a long time.
South Bay Board Co. 8’8 Beginner Foam Surfboard
- This is a great board for beginners but it’s really expensive.
- It’s almost 9 feet long which is great for beginners.
- The wideness is 23 inches which makes the surfboard extra stable. Stability is a must for beginners.
- It can carry beginner riders up to 230 lbs. If your kid is a little bit overweight you can prefer this one.
- 2+1 stringer system like any other south bay boards.
- The rubbery tail bumper is great for easy storage. You can carry it around easily.
- If you are looking for a surfboard with an extra length which makes it easy to learn new skills.
- It comes with wax-free custom fingerprint foam deck.
- The top part is extremely soft which is great for kids.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
Giantex Surfboard Surfing Surf Beach Ocean Body Foamie Board
- It comes with three different designs. The red and blue looks fantastic in real life.
- The top part is made of durable foam.
- The price is really cheap compared to its peers.
- Slick HDPE high-speed bottom is great for an easy ride.
- It’s made of EPS core.
- The colors are vibrant and bright. They are suitable for kids.
- The fins are removable which is also cool.
- The surfboard is ideal for beginners and kids. The measurements are 72” X 20” X 3”(L X W X Thickness).
Driftsun Nymbus Foam Surfboard
- The price is average compared to other ones on the market.
- It comes with three different colors. Each one has different length attributes. Make sure you choose the proper size.
- The design is made through high efficiency.
- It’s great for easy take offs.
- It uses EPS foam core which is the standard for this surfboards.
- The fins are removable which is great for beginners.
- If you are looking for a durable surfboard for your kid you can get this one!
Boardworks Froth! Soft Top Surfboard
- There are four different sizes designed for special needs.
- It can be enjoyed by both beginners and intermediate surfers.
- The deck is fully EVA wrapped which makes it high quality.
- The bottom is extremely slick, it’s a great surfboard if your kid loves speed.
- Forth boardsworks is a well-known brand and if your kid is into research, he or she is going to fall in love with that.
- The bottom part is made of HDPE which makes it extremely durable.
- The plum color design looks great.
- I can suggest this one if you are looking for a high-quality surfboard for your kid.
Grande Juguete 5 1/3′ Fish Surfboard
- The price is really cheap which makes it suitable for beginners and kids.
- If you don’t know your kid is going to be interested in surfing you can start with this simple surfboard.
- It comes with three different designs. The colors are bright and vibrant which is great for kids.
- The deck is made of EPE which makes it durable.
- The fish tail useful for speed.
- Great starter board for beginners.
- If you don’t want to pay too much for a surfboard you can start with this one since it’s cheap!
KONA SURF CO. Malibu Soft Top Foam Softboard
- The surfboard comes with three different sizes.
- This one is suitable for both adults and kids. It’s an extremely perfect soft board for beginners.
- It has a good amount of rocker to prevent falling which is great for beginners.
- It comes in six different colors. The colors look fantastic in real life.
- It’s made with a custom outline which is great for maximum float. You can use it in almost every environment.
- The bottom part is scratch resistant and it also speeds ups the surfboard!
- If you are looking for a high-quality foam soft board for your kid you should definitely get this one!
Rock-It 8′ Big Softy Surfboard
- The price of the soft board is expensive. However, it’s really high-quality and looks great.
- It comes with six different vibrant colored designs.
- The red one looks fantastic in real life.
- It’s 8 feet long which is great for beginners.
- The wideness is 21.5 inches which is a few inches shorter than average.
- It comes with 3 safety fins which are extremely useful for beginners.
- If your kid can carry 8 feet long surfboard this one is great.
Finding the Right Surfboard for Your Child
There are several factors which you should think about before you buy a surfboard for your kid. The child’s height, weight and skill level is the most important ones. The safety is really important but it’s necessary so I won’t talk about it. Lastly, you have to think about your budget before you make your purchase.
Most of the surf camps use wide and soft foam surfboards for kids. These are the safest surfboards out there since they are the safest surfboards. They are also really easy to use which makes them great for kids. Your kid can easily learn surfing on them. As the board gets wider it will more stability to the user hence it’s preferred by the kids!
Height and weight are really important as I said before. You have to combine skill level with these attributes and pick a proper surfboard for your kid. You should look to get surfboards which are a few inches than your kid. This is a great starting point and it will put you on the right track for starting. If your kid is older you should look for surfboards which are a foot taller than your child’s head. Longer and wider boards are preferable for beginners since they are easy to use. If your kid experienced and looking to move on the next level you can reduce the wideness of the board. However, wider boards are hidden to turn around and maneuver. Keep this in mind before you make your purchase. The weight of the board is really important too. It should be heavy enough to support the weight of your child. Lastly, you should think about your budget and pick a surfboard according to your kid’s need.