Last Updated on
Jungle gym for toddlers is fun and entertaining way to play, they might even be used by old sometimes. There are many jungle gyms from toddlers to school-age children. There is a model made for almost everyone. Jungle gyms are not only for entertainment but it also helps to build up physical and mental strength. It’s really important to use these kinds of equipment. Taking care of a toddler might be hard sometimes. However, you can solve this by making staying your toddler active. Staying active will tire the kid out and eventually you can take a breath.
There are several manufacturers who produce jungle gyms especially for children, there are also some brands out there who make jungle gyms for almost everyone. You can help your kid to use the ones for big people if you want to. Generally, jungle gyms are expendable you can increase the size of it as your child grows. You can easily add new play equipment as your child grows up. I advise you to start off with something small. You can get something to teach the toddler the basics! A tunnel or a slide will be enough for the beginning! If you buy each piece separately you can easily fit them together later. In later stages of life, your child is definitely going to need new play areas. You can easily do that by buying a separate playing area.
As they grow up…
Rearranging is also really important, these jungle gyms are generally made of molded plastic. However, there are some metal ones but I definitely don’t suggest them for starters out there. You can test your kid and buy them according to their needs as they grow up! The plastic ones are generally covered with cloth. It makes it easy to use for the toddler! You can also take a look at corner sets if you don’t want to put the jungle gym in the middle of a room!
Daycare centers generally use this kind of equipment too. They generally use larger indoor equipment specially made for commercial use. I would like to get this kind of equipment for my children. However, it won’t be easy because they cover so much area. If you want to buy this kind of bigger equipment you should have a backyard. They are great for backyard usage! In other words, jungle gyms are indoor and outdoor toys for toddlers and kids. If a typical indoor jungle gym for toddlers is not enough for you, go check out those models!
Top Jungle Gyms For Toddlers and Kids in 2019
|Skywalker Sports Jungle Gym Combo||8.4|
|Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Playset||8.6|
|Ironkids Kids Outdoor Playground||8.0|
|Step2 Game Time Sports Climber||8.2|
Skywalker Sports Jungle Gym Combo
- This combo set includes all of the things needed; classic jungle gym, swing set and a hanging bridge.
- You can easily fit set into your yard because the jungle gym is modular and the size can be set.
- Heavy duty 16-gauge steel used during construction.
- Durable and sturdy.
- Passes all playground safety standards!
This is a great jungle gym combo for kids. It’s suitable for ages between 7 and 12. They can easily use it since the height is not that high. It has a monkey gym to develop strength and endurance. Small kids can also enjoy the swings on the side. The high-quality and sturdy design which is designed to last for years! I can definitely suggest this one for kids. However, toddlers can still use it with the help of parents!
Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Playset
- One of the most popular playsets on the market. Comes with a variety of functions.
- It has a clubhouse at the top which is going to entertain your kid and his or her friends!
- The clubhouse even has a balcony on the side!
- A picnic table positioned at the bottom for pretend play events.
- Cedar swing set ensures a variety of playing options.
- It also has monkey and climbing bar at the side.
This is a great jungle gym for toddlers and even kids! It has all the functions in it, your children can play with any of these activities inside it. It’s suitable for both toddlers and kids. There are suitable activities inside of it! If your kid is small you can use the swings for playing. Your toddler can also easily use to monkey bars with your help! The slide is also safe with high side rails! I definitely suggest this wonderful playset for any family out there!
Ironkids Kids Outdoor Playground
- Two swings in the middle.
- One trampoline on the side for jumping activities.
- The slide is small and only 3 feet high from the ground, suitable for toddlers!
- It has the capability of keeping 6 kids busy at the same time!
This is a great play set for beginners. Two swings in the middle are okay quality and will keep the children busy. You can also use the trampoline for developing strength and balance for your toddlers and kids! The slide is also highly efficient because of its height. It’s definitely suited for toddlers because of the height! I can definitely suggest this one if you are looking for a cheap alternative!
Step2 Game Time Sports Climber
- If your kid can’t play with a jungle gym and really small you should start with this one.
- Comes with a built-in scorekeeper for basketball.
- Your kid can crawl from the tunnel and discover new things!
- The climbing ladder is only 2 feet high from the ground which means it’s safe for toddlers.
- The slide is also highly efficient and usable for toddlers. It’s only two feet higher from the ground!
- The maximum weight limit is 27 kgs so be careful when you are using it.
- Comes with a sports ball.
Most of the jungle gyms out there are designed to develop your kid’s balance and strength. If your toddler is weak and still developing you might have a hard time encouraging your toddler to do such activities! It’s always great to start smaller. You can make the toddler get used to the climber on this first for the beginning. After then, you can proceed to advanced jungle gyms!
Step2 Naturally Playful Lookout Treehouse
- This one is suitable for kids between 1 and 3.
- The slide is long enough to teach kids balance and coordination. It’s close to 1 meter.
- You can remove the roof and use the product like that if you want to.
- Interior is 78 cms tall.(31.5)
- Maximum weight suggested is 22.5 kgs.
I shared this one because it has a little bit different design than the one above! The price is a little bit high but the quality is better. If you are concerned with the same things and still want to buy a jungle gym for your toddler, you can start with this one!
Cedar Summit Premium Play Sets Ready to Assemble Wooden Swing Set
- Made of hundred percent cedarwood.
- Multi-colored arched roof, the design looks great.
- There is a chalk wall which your kids can use.
- Wooden swing sets are included in the package!
- Comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Dimensions: 10’3″L x 9’W x 7’11″H
- Assembling might be hard for some people, there are too many screws in it.
- If you trust your assembling skills this is a great price/performance product.
This is a cheaper playset for the parents who want a reasonable solution. It has most of the things you can expect from a jungle gym. It’s sturdy and well made enough. It can do all the job easily. I can easily suggest this one if you don’t want to spend a thousand on a playset!
Backyard Discovery Prairie Ridge All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- One of the most popular playsets out there.
- It’s made of hundred percent cedarwood.
- It includes a glider and monkey bar for kids to enjoy.
- The swing set is extremely high-quality and will do the job.
- There is also a large upper deck play area which is great for playing activities.
If you want a set which has all the features in it, you can buy this one! It’s reasonably cheap, I mean it only costs around 650$. This is a really affordable set for most of the families. If you want all the functions you generally have to pay around a thousand for a quality like this. However, the material quality is not that great. If you are after functionality you can get this product.
Backyard Discovery Kings Peak All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- Made of hundred percent cedarwood.
- Comes with two heavy-duty swing sets!
- Two towers are connected with each other which enables different playing options!
- The slide is extremely cool, the side rails high enough to protect toddlers. However, it’s a little bit high so you might have problems.
- Monkey bars are 7-8 feet high from the ground which might high for toddlers.
- Material quality is absolutely perfect.
This is one of the best jungle gyms on the market. It has all the features you can expect from a playset! Your kids can easily enjoy this beautiful playset. Some parts are also suitable for toddler usage. You should always watch after your toddler if you are going to buy something like this. I can definitely suggest this one for the parents who are looking for the quality!
Safety of Jungle Gyms for Toddlers
Safety is always important. Finding a safe place to play for your children is more important and it can be really hard sometimes. Jungle gyms might be dangerous for your children. However, they are the dream of your children! Don’t make it a nightmare for parents and take the precautions to prevent bad things like bumps and bruises!
Finding a suitable Jungle Gyms for Toddlers
The first thing is first, you have to make sure if the jungle gym is suitable for your kid’s age. If you are looking for a piece of equipment to use at home you can get something adjustable. As your child grows, he or she still can enjoy the beauty of it! If you are buying for a toddler you should never buy something higher than eight feet. Play platform of the jungle gym should be 3-4 feet above from the ground. Otherwise, your kid might have some big problems if he or she falls off the edge. So, guardrails are also highly important to make sure the jungle gym has guard rails. If you are buying something with a slide make sure it’s not too inclined! If the slide you are going to buy is too high from the ground, you must make sure it has raised side parts!
You have to make sure the play equipment is safe. Before you buy a product you can read the reviews at online websites, you can also check American Society for the Testing of Materials, they might have some information about these topics. The material of the jungle gyms is also highly important. Make sure the jungle gym made of durable material and it’s sturdy! You have to correctly assemble the product if you want to use it properly otherwise you might have some problems. If you follow the instructions exactly you won’t have any problems. Padding is also highly important to make sure the vital parts are covered with a soft padding system!
There are some extreme jungle gyms out there. You should never get something that’s too hard for your child to play. If you want to increase his or her skills gradually you might think about buying them but you must watch them during playtime! Climbing ropes are generally anchored at both ends for safety. However, if you see models that have one side anchored I advise you to stay away from them. Metal parts are also really important, make sure they are properly painted and doesn’t contain any harmful materials! The metal should be made of high quality because it should be able to keep away rusting. If you are getting a wooden jungle gym, you should by the ones with high-quality to prevent rotting.
Signs show the quality of Jungle Gyms for Toddlers
Finding your style is good but if the materials are also good, it’s even better. For me, Cedarwood is the best material ever can be. You wouldn’t like the static electric fact caused by plastics at all.
Parts should be wide enough and durable enough not to decay. You might plan using these indoors if the house is spacious. Actually, they generally use them outdoors. Similarly, even if you use them indoors, days come to take them outdoors. So, weather resistance is important. The parts should be UV resistant and chemical-free. They should be easy to set-up and detach.
Connection type is also a key to quality. In particular, safe-t-fuse type of connection prevent damage toddlers’ skin or clothing.
Versatility is providing better entertainment. Some products are just slides while others might feature many different activities. They aren’t necessarily huge to provide versatility. Intelligent designers can do it without increasing the price.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is warranty and how it should be?
Of course the more the better but they provide from 2 to 5 years of warranty.
- What should be the maximum weight it should hold?
It should be about twice as heavier than the user.
- Can we learn more detailed answers to your possible questions?
Yes, ask anything.
Last of all, if you are going to use the jungle gym outdoors, you should make sure the surface under the playground is fully clean and soft. It’s really great if you can remove all the rocks and tree roots! You can easily buy some sand from local trailers and use it under the jungle gym if you want! Shock-absorbing materials are great to use under jungle gyms for toddlers! If you can afford them, they are really perfect! However, please don’t rely on these things and make sure you watch your child during the playtime.