Last Updated on
Nowadays, our kids move around too much! If you let them for an hour, you will find them running around, jumping, climbing, and doing such do! They are filled with so much energy, and it’s great to see our kids like that. However, everything has a downside. You should make sure your kids are doing these activities in a safe environment. When they play too much, and they might get tired without noticing, and this can cause some trouble. They are prone to bumps and falls. We should keep our children safe by using gym mats for kids. There are many choices on the internet, which I’m going to review later on.
Gym mats for kids are great for protection. They have mostly foam pads that protect your kid from falling. But it’s not also for safety. Kids can easily roll and tumble on these gym mats for kids!
It’s tough to do such tricks on a concrete floor. Also, some levels can be slippery. Using mats can prevent slipping during exercise. Some high-security mats can be used on the carpet with ease. They have attachment parts which can securely connect to the carpet! It’s excellent for protection; you should check them out. Now for these reasons, you should get a gym mat for your kid to ensure his or her safety! Let’s take a look at the best sellers in the market!
Best Gymnastics Mats for Kids and Toddlers in 2020
|KinderMat Basic Rest Mat||8,0|
|Tumbl Trak Junior Practice Mat||8,4|
|ECR4Kids 4-Section Tumbling Foam Mat for Home, 4 x 6-Feet||8,6|
|Tumbl Trak Rebound Red Mat with 2-Sided Velcro||8,1|
|Tumbl Trak Cartwheel Beam Mat, 2ft x 6ft||8,5|
Matladin 6′ Folding Tri-fold Gymnastics Gym Exercise Aerobics Mat
- You can pick between pink and purple colors, depending on your preferences. The material quality is top-notch, in my opinion. It shows the color part of the product!
- The folded size is approx 2Ft x 2Ft x 6Inch, which makes it easy to carry anywhere! It’s one of the smallest gym mats for kids when it comes to compactness!
- The resilience of the product is perfect because of the quality. It’s made of environmentally friendly EPE foam, which is the best material out there!
- The foam is high-density, and you can feel it during the practice!
- If you are looking for a healthy and durable product, you should think about this one!
- The cover is made of high-quality PU leather, which is crack resistant! If you want a long-lasting product, you should think about this one!
Professionals mostly prefer this mat because of the high-quality. The stitching is also perfect, which affects durability. I can vouch for this one since it’s one of the best sellers in 2020!
KinderMat Basic Rest Mat
- One of the most basic mats out there. The product does what it says.
- It has four sections for easy folding.
- Soft and waterproof.
- You can easily clean it with a semi-wet cloth.
- Polyfoam padding for additional support.
KinderMat essential rest mat can be used as a floor mat for kids. It has two different thickness options. 5/8 inches one is excellent for necessary activities like napping and sitting on it. You can clean both versions with bleach water and let them air dry out for proper usage. It’s also so easy to store this product because of its folding ability. However, if you want to use this mat for gymnastics activities, it won’t be suitable for it. I wrote about this product because most of the customers buy it as a gymnastic mat for kids, so please don’t buy it if you are looking for something for physical activities.
Z-Athletic Gymnastics Cartwheel/Beam Training Mat
- It is made of vinyl.
- Three different design options for different likes.
- Great for training cartwheels, hand imprints used on the product for guidance.
- Dimensions: 6’x2’x1.5″
- Normal durability, one of the best sellers in the market!
This is a great gymnastics mat for kids by Z-Athletic. It has quality if you are looking for something simple. However, folding this mat can be an issue; it might cause some wrinkles on the product. So if you have limited space for storing, please stay away from this one! It’s also a perfect training mat if your kid has trouble focusing on where to put his or her hands! This mat guides your child on hand and feet placement. The product is highly suggested for beginner gymnasts out there!
Tumbl Trak Junior Practice Mat
- One of the most high-quality products out there.
- It has two different color options, including; purple and blue.
- 4 Inches of thickness is great for landing and cushioning falls.
- It’s also really portable because of the handles on the sides!
- Junior practice mat doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients at all.
- Excellent quality for the price.
- Size: 3 ft x 6 ft x 4 in
This product is soft and thick. It provides perfect safety for kids. It’s a landing mat for most of the stunts. The thickness provides great safety, and it’s also really soft. You can easily use it under a balance beam for extra safety. If you are looking for something durable with quality, you should get this one! I promise you are not going to regret your decision!
Tenive 4’X 6’X 2″ Pu Leather Gymnastic Exercise Mat
- Green friendly product.
- It is made of PU leather.
- Great for most of the physical activities, you can do yoga, martial arts, and other gymnastics stuff on it.
- Four different design options and all of them look excellent.
- It can be folded and stored easily, have four different sections.
- EPE pearl wool used on the inside of the product, the outside is covered with PU leather.
This mat is 2 inches thick, so keep that in mind. It’s okay for some basic stuff like tumbling and practicing cartwheels on it. However, if you are looking for a landing mat, this might not be the one for you. The mat is so easy to store because you can easily fold it. It’s also not heavy, which makes it portable—highly suggested if you are looking gymnastics mat for a beginner gymnast.
KinderMat DayDreamer Rest Mat
- Two inches thick rest mat.
- Heavy-duty and durable.
- Easy to clean with a semi-wet cloth.
- Folds easily.
- Made in the USA.
I wrote about a lower level of this product at the beginning of the article. If you want something with better quality, this mat is better than the first one! I highly suggest this foam mat for kids! You can also use this one as a beginner gymnast mat. Two inches thickness is enough for most of the tricks.
Tumbl Trak Sweet Spot
- This is an excellent substitute for traditional sting mats.
- It has two coverage options for the top of the mat. You can pick between denim and suede.
- It has a small size, so it’s easy to carry it around or enchant your gym.
- Very soft to land on.
- Durable to impacts and landings.
This is a high-quality product for professional gymnasts. It has a great design, and you can pick between two cover options. If you need a bouncer for your kid, this might do the trick for you!
Tumbl Trak Folding Practice Mat, 4ft x 8ft
- High-quality folding practice mat.
- Eight inches of thickness is excellent for all of the landings.
- Extremely high-quality materials.
- Heavy-duty dracon thread.
- It is covered with 18 oz vinyl on the surface.
- You can use the handles for easy carrying.
Great for teaching double fulls, highly durable, and thick products. The product is natural for storage. That’s what separates this one from the other products. It has quality and mobility. If you are after both of these qualities, I can highly suggest this one! It’s a real dime piece!
ECR4Kids 4-Section Tumbling Foam Mat for Home, 4 x 6-Feet
- Two inches of thickness is okay for most of the products.
- Durable than other products in this price range.
- Foldable and easy to store.
- You can pick between 3 dimensions; 4×4, 4×6, 4×8.
- Polyurethane foam is durable.
This product is highly stable on the product. The vinyl cover provides enough stability for the product. You can easily attach this mat to another one; it has velcro on the short sides. This mat is highly durable and sturdy. If you are looking for a cheap product but which can also last for years, this should be your choice!
Tumbl Trak Rebound Red Mat with 2-Sided Velcro
- They are designed for extra lift and rebound.
- The top is covered with EVA foam for extra lift.
- Have velcro and both sides. Great for professional gyms.
- Vinyl makes the product highly stable. It can be used on the floor.
- It’s the ultimate tumbling mat for kids; it has the quality.
- Rebound mat doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients.
This tumbling mat has the perfect color; I would like to say that. The price is reasonable if you consider the quality. It can be used on the hardwood floor. This mat highly stable. It’s also so easy to fold this mat; this product doesn’t get any wrinkles at all. It’s longer than a traditional mat with 5’x10′ size. You can also easily clean it with a semi-wet cloth. I promise you; you won’t be disappointed by this high-quality mat.
Tumbl Trak Cartwheel Beam Mat, 2ft x 6ft
- Tumbl Trak version of the cartwheel beam mat.
- Has foot and imprints on it for better practice.
- 18 oz vinyl-covered surface.
- It doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients.
This mat has a little bit odd smell, but it’s not something terrible. If I were to buy a cartwheel mat, I would choose the Z-Athletics brand that one has a better quality.
BestMassage Gymnastics Mats Exercise Mat
- There are different color choices on the sales page that makes the gymnastics mat an excellent alternative for the kids. IF your kid cares about the design of the product, you can try out these. It has bright and vibrant colors.
- The size also can change depending on your needs.
- It only weighs 4 lbs, which makes it pretty good to carry around.
- The tote is pretty sturdy, which allows you to carry anywhere you go.
- It’s suitable for indoor or outdoor usage!
- The gymnastics mat is made of two-inch-thick EPE, which is high quality and durable!
- You can directly clean the face of the gymnastics mat with a wet cloth! It allows for easy cleaning and time-saving!
- It’s ideal for multiple exercises for stretching, pilates, or yoga!
The kids will love the design of the mat because it’s lightweight and compact. They can also carry it anywhere they go, which makes it a great alternative! This product sells a lot in 2020. If you are looking for an option, you can try it out!
I listed the best gymnastics mats for kids, and I’ve also added two models for the 2020 part. These gymnastic mats are pretty high-quality, and they will be useful for any parent and kid out there! These mostly can be called as gymnastics mats for home. You can easily use them in your home; there is no difference in them. However, there are few things which you should inspect carefully before buying a gymnast mat. If you closely examine these things, you can never go wrong. However, if you don’t want to go through all of this hustle, you can quickly check the comparison table for the best gymnastics mat for kids.
Size: This is the most important thing before buying a gymnastic mat. If your kid is small, you can get away with smaller gymnastics mats. The mats are generally 4×4 or 4×8. I can suggest 4×8 mats for bigger children like 10-15 years of age. You can get away with a 4×4 mat if your kid is small. You should also always start small if you are looking for a gymnastics mat for home. Your child’s interest might not be long for this activity.
Thickness: Thickness is highly essential. If you are looking for a landing mat, you should go with thicker ones. The mats which are 2 inches thick won’t do the trick. You should always go with the ones which are 4 inches thick or more. It makes a safer landing environment for your child!
Covering: Most of the mats surfaces’ are covered with vinyl. Vinyl is an excellent material for most of the cases. It helps the mat to stay stable. However, there are other covering materials which I don’t suggest. If you pay something more than 50 bucks, you will get a product with vinyl.
These are the most important things to check before buying a gymnastic mat for a kid! I hope you like the reviews and the information I gave you, please feel free to leave your comments below. You can also check the best gymnastics equipment for kids here!
Covering Materials of Folding Gym Exercise Mats
If leather, it must be non-absorbent. Vinyl and synthetic are also OK. All of them are very similar. Regular cleaning is needed for all of them. Still, during the workout, you’d like it better if they are non-absorbent leather.
Some coverings are layered, and they have sections. These provide better usage. Also, PU is more eco-friendly.
How to Buy Mats for Kids with Quality
High-quality mats for kids are easy to call. We can understand them from the promises from the manufacturer, and it’s pretty simple to check them. They stuff mats with soft and stable foam. The cover is also essential. That should be durable for long years so that you won’t have to care about replacing your practice mats.
The design should make the mat handy. I mean, non-skid materials are fundamentals for covers. Extra padding adds to the quality of user experience.
One more thing you might care about could be the brands’ fame. If athletes and respectable sports firms use some type of materials, there is a reason. I do not mean those brand advertisements right shown on shirts and meeting rooms. I mean the tools like mats.
The last main thing to check could be certificates and warranty. I’d go for certified mats. There are different types of gymnastics mats for the kid that I will list below. Make sure you check them out and learn about different types.
Various Types of Gymnastics Mats for Kids
Thicker Mats for Kids
Thicker mats are more sympathetic to me. Those thin mats look just like table covers, and I wouldn’t go for them. The only cons of thicker mats could be a space problem. Folding thicker mats can solve it. On the other hand, thicker mats allow you to practice many more different skills safely. So, it worths having a little problem with spacing.
Folding thicker mats
I prefer two pieces of thicker mats. So that I can fold 2 of them to use them as even thicker and safer. Bringing two thick folding mats together allows you to practice even harder skills like tricky flips.
Side Parts and Bottom Cover for Mats
Quality of handles and design of mats are essential. Handles make it easy to move around or hang somewhere finely if needed. The bottom cover should not be slippery. Practicing skills, one can easily get injured because of a wet bottom cover. A non-skid bottom can even save a life!
Crash Mats for Kids
Even thicker and smart-design mats are sometimes called crash mats. Crash mats are easier to use, and you can combine them with other products to create the ideal environment you need for training. For yourself or kids, crash mats are very convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions on Training Mats
- Can we combine different mats of different brands?
Yes, only if they have parts to connect, and they claim it.
- What would the ideal thickness be?
It should be around 4″. Most of the mats in the market are 2-inch-thick.
Considering everything, we concluded that buying a single product won’t make it enough. So, you should either combine pieces with other products or get two or three of the same product you liked. Once you decide the material and style you wanted, you can do the combination and decoration for your own.
Getting multiple products from the same seller can be the best strategy while buying mats for kids.