Last Updated on
You will get a better understanding of different fiber supplements on the market after reading this article. Fiber is a helpful tool when it comes to designing healthier diets. Some people need more fiber than other people, and this necessity has to be fulfilled by fiber supplementation. Some people are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome(IBS) can find relief in these supplements. Most of these supplements are specially designed for people in need. Therefore, you have to buy carefully before making the purchase. For children, it’s more important than usual! An average person has to consume about thirty grams of fiber every day to have a healthy bowel movement. Kids need a little bit less than this, depending on their age and weight. You have to follow the guidelines and consult a pediatrician before using any of the supplements listed here.
Top Fiber Supplements for Kids
Culturelle Kids Daily Probiotic Packets Dietary Supplement
- The best probiotic product on the market specially designed for the kids.
- Approved by pediatricians, but you should still consult the one you know.
- The supplement will help the digestive tract of your kid and make it work better.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG) is proven to reduce digestive problems. It will create a healthy environment in your kid’s digestive track.
- Suitable for kids above one year of age.
- It doesn’t contain any gluten derivatives.
- Great for preventing occasional digestive upset.
- It will encourage the good bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract.
Yum Vs Probiotic Plus Prebiotic Fiber Vanilla
- Vanilla flavor tastes extremely nice.
- Suitable for kids because of the vanilla flavor.
- It helps the body to strengthen its natural defense systems.
- Great tool for reducing digestive upsets.
- It doesn’t contain any yeast, wheat, or corn derivatives.
- The price is a little bit expensive compared to other products on the market. However, it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients.
- It contains 0.25 grams of fiber in a serving.
- Total of 40 gummies in a single package.
L’il Critters Kids Fiber Gummy Bears Supplement
- This brand is exceptionally well known.
- Most of the parents trust this brand because they have been around for a long time.
- These nutritious gummy bears taste good, which makes them easy to eat by kids!
- This is a dietary supplement that should be used under doctor guidance!
- Most of the kids and moms love this product!
- The taste is perfect.
- Each serving contains 3 grams of fiber, which is excellent!
- Fiber prebiotics are a must for a healthy digestive system!
- It doesn’t contain any sugar at all!
Spring Valley Kids Daily Fiber 3 g Digestive Health
- The package contains 60 gummies, and each gummy includes 3 grams of fiber.
- It’s made with %100 natural psyllium husk!
- It will make your kid feel less hungry between meals!
- This one also can be used as a blood sugar level assistant. It will blood sugar levels stables.
- It doesn’t contain any gluten, yeast, wheat, milk, or other harmful derivatives.
- Fiber is also perfect, lowering cholesterol.
- The orange flavor is natural, and it tastes great!
Daily Liquid Fiber for Regularity and Soft stools Kids
- Clear liquid fiber supplement which can be used daily for kids!
- It’s great for digestive health issues!
- Constipation relief is an essential thing for parents and kids.
- It contains 12 grams of soluble fiber per 1 oz. It also doesn’t contain any chemicals at all!
- This one provides immediate relief without additional products.
- You have to use this supplement daily to see the benefits.
- It’s suitable for kids, and the taste is okay!
Fiber Advance Gummies for Kids
- This one is a daily supplement.
- You can see benefits right after using it.
- It is made in the USA, which makes the product high-quality.
- The chews are vegetarian! They don’t contain any animal products at all. It’s highly suggested for sensitive parents!
- Suitable for kids between 2 and 11 years of age!
- Each gummy contains 3 grams of fiber, which is adequate for most of the kids!
- This one tastes good, so that it might be a good alternative for other ones!
Hero Nutritionals Yummi Bears Fiber Supplement for Kids
- This product contains more fiber this year.,
- It contains up to 4 grams of fiber per serving, which is a significant amount!
- Allergen-free, and it also doesn’t contain any gluten at all!
- eThe original gummy vitamin which doesn’t cost a lot.
- Promotes digestive health and regularity for kids!
- The flavors are all-natural fruit flavors, which is liked by the kids!
- I can vouch for this one since it contains more fiber in a single gummy!
Benefits of Fiber for Kids
We all lack fiber in our diets, as you might expect. Fibers are one of the most critical parts of a healthy diet, and we all need some help in the department. There is a recent article published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association. It talks about preschoolers eating too many processed foods, which resulted in an added risk of digestive problems. This will result in more heart problems when they grow up.
You should help your kid to have a healthy diet so they can start life outright. Sybylle Kranz, Ph.D., said, ” Children who eat high-fiber foods are more likely to grow up into adults who consume adequate fiber, ” She is lead research and a professor of nutrition at Penn State.
When kids reach nursery school age, their fiber intake drops significantly! These results in a couple of bad things! Most of the two and three years old are getting closer to their recommended levels of dietary fiber intake. However, after that, kids start to fall off. This is because of more fast food consumption after a certain age.
Fiber-Rich Diet for Kids
It’s incredibly beneficial for a kid to consume a fiber-rich diet! If your kid has been dealing with occasional constipation, you should instantly move the kid to a more healthy diet! If your kid has less than 2-3 bowel movements per day, it means they are having problems. This particularly becomes a surface problem when the kids eat dairy or highly refined foods that are low in fiber! The kids who are consuming little fiber are at risk of chronic constipation.
There is also another benefit of consuming a high-fiber diet! Fibers are high if you are always living with smokers! There is an Asian study that inspected people who grew up with smokers. It showed that the people who ate more than 7.5 grams of fiber a day had lesser health problems. Fiber consumption has a positive effect on the lungs. It seems like high fiber intake leads to reduced blood glucose concentrations and reduced inflammation levels, which are incredibly significant!
Your kid’s fiber intake should be based around age + 5 rule. If your kid is six years old, it’s suggested to consume 10-12 grams of fiber a day. Whole foods can acquire this. However, you can supplement it by getting the products listed above! You should guide your kid to a healthy diet, which will lead to more good habits later on.
Natural Fiber Supplement Alternatives for Kids
As a parent, you should be carefully watching your kid’s daily nutrition plan. Fiber consumption is significant for daily nutrition, and you have to guide your kid through proper food choices every single day. You have to keep fiber intake high if you want to avoid constipation issues. There are other benefits of fiber supplementation. First of all, it reduces heart disease and obesity risk because it doesn’t have any calories at all. It’s also effortless to hit daily fiber intake numbers. Most of the Americans are not getting enough because of the fast-food consumption rate. Children need 5 grams plus their age. As I said before so you should be supplementing your kid with an adequate amount of fibers.
There are some natural and kid-friendly fiber sources. Whole wheat bread is an excellent choice if you want to hit your kid’s daily fiber intake. One slice can have up to 6 grams of fiber, which is a considerable number. You should always pay attention to the labels and make sure you get the ones with adequate fiber. You might get away with one big sandwich fiber a day!
Fruits are Fiber Sources
Avocados are also another healthy choice. One whole avocado contains 10-15 grams of fiber, which is excellent! It also has healthy fats! You can use avocado in your sandwiches or make guacamole with ease. They can be used in tortilla chips or baked goods.
Apples are another choice you can use. They might not be the favorite of kids. However, one large apple has 5-6 grams of fiber, which is beneficial for the kids! Make sure you put one in their lunch box!