Last Updated on
Crayons are perfect tools everyone used at least one time in their life! I still remember the time when I opened my first box of crayons. There were dozens of colors lined up perfectly. They were all new and shiny! These made me fall in love with pencils. I almost spent an hour on which crayon should I use first. It was a fundamental question, but for a kid, it’s the hardest thing to do. No matter which color you did pick, it shows the love of a kid for crayons! These little things are essential in the life of a child.
Since we know the importance of these crayons, let’s move on to where we can use them. The crayons provide many benefits that we don’t even think of. These are the most basic writing tools a child comes in contact for the first time. Grip skills first start to develop with crayons.
The kid will try to make a precise grip to be able to color the pages he or she wants. This is a great starting place because it will help children later on when they start to grip a standard pencil. Colouring might seem funny to a kid when they are the first beginning. So, it’s a great way to keep them busy and improve their motor skills and hand-eye coordination. These skills are crucial to a kid’s development.
Joy & development
Your kid needs to enjoy the crayons when they are improving their skills! There is also another vital benefit to using crayons. It will teach your kids how to focus on one thing at a time. Since we live in a century where the focus is essential, you should make your kid use and learn this skill. The focus skill will help them during the upcoming school years when they are in a new class. The kids need to focus on what they are working at, and crayons will be a high starting point for this.
One of the easiest ways to acquire a crayon for your kid is to buy them online. This is easy, and you won’t spend too much time browsing online because I compiled the best crayons for kids and toddlers. All you have to do is read the article and pick the one you like! If you have any questions about pencils, please feel free to ask! Now, let’s move on to the top list for these crayons!
Best Crayons for 1-2-Year-Old Toddlers
Lebze Toddler Crayons
- Safety is critical when you are buying crayons for toddlers.
- This Crayons a safe choice for your toddler.
- Crayons are made of natural, non-toxic wax.
- Meets European standards.
- Crayons are plentiful, which makes them controllable easily by toddlers.
- Each crayon is 11 centimeters long and 14mm in diameters.
- The colors are vibrant and bright.
- The set contains 16 different colors.
- Makes an excellent gift for birthdays or Christmas.
- One of the best crayons for 1-year-old toddlers on the market.
GiBot Toddlers Crayons Palm-Grip Crayons
- The size is remarkably perfect for little hands.
- The shape of the product specially designed for toddler’s hands. Your kid will have an easy time during the practice.
- 12 Primary colors come within the package. The colors are bright and vibrant.
- The colors will surely attract young toddlers!
- Non-Toxic and safe materials.
- CE Approved.
- Crayons are washable with pure soap.
- The large base provides support for uncoordinated young artists.
- If you are looking for the best crayon for toddlers, you should buy this.
- Suitable for 1-year-old toddlers.
Crayola My First Palm-Grip Crayons
- Six different primary colors for your toddler to enjoy.
- The egg shapes grip crayons are perfect for your toddler.
- Suitable for 1-year-old toddlers who have trouble to grab usual crayons.
- Introduces primary colors to the toddlers.
- Crayons can develop physical and thinking skills.
- AP certified non-toxic materials.
- One of the best seller palm grip crayons for toddlers.
- It is highly suggested if you are looking for high-quality crayons for toddlers!
Best Crayons For 3-4 Years Old Kids
Crayola Mini Twistables Crayons
- These crayons do not need sharpening, which makes them perfect for little kids. You don’t have to worry about your kid getting hurt!
- Whenever a crayon gets blunt, your kid needs to twist it, and it’s new again.
- There are plastic barrels around the crayons that are designed to protect your kid’s hand.
- Kids also can easily see the colors because of the transparent barrels.
- This is also a great tool to upgrade your standard crayon collection.
These twistable mini crayons are perfect for almost any situation. They don’t cause any mess at all, which is ideal for parents. You can buy this one if you are looking to improve your current art toy set of your kid!
Crayola Inspiration Art Case: 140 Pieces
- The art kit includes 64 different colored crayons.
- It also has 20 short coloring pencils, which are helpful for creative kids.
- Washable markers are handy, and this set has 40 of them.
- Large paper sheets also come with the product!
- One of the best sellers on the market!
- Safe and non-toxic.
- Suitable for kids above four years of age.
- You can easily organize the set with the art supply case!
CrayonKing 50 4-Packs of Crayons in Cello Bags
- Crayons in this package are 3 and 1/8 inches long.
- The set contains primary colors like blue, yellow, green, and red!
- Non-toxic material.
- Perfectly suitable for birthday party favors, cheap and effective.
- 50 4-packs of crayons.
- One of the best sellers on the market.
- The crayons made in China.
- Each of these bags is individually wrapped, which is cool if you intend to use them for significant events!
- It is highly suggested for people who are looking for cheap crayons for kids and toddlers!
Crayola 140 Count Art Set
- One of the most significant sets in the market right now.
- This set has different designs that are designed to attract the kids!
- It comes with 60 Crayola crayons and 40 washable markers.
- It also has one rainbow art storage and 20 short colored pencils, which allows your kid to express themselves freely.
- The art case is excellent for keeping your kid’s stuff organized. Your kid can also develop the necessary organizing skills with the help of this one!
- Safe and non-toxic materials. Suitable for four years and up.
If you are looking for a big set for your 4-year-old kid, this one works great. It also has an art case, which is excellent for keeping things altogether. I suggest this big set for small kids!
Crayola Silly Scents Twistables Crayons
- Scented crayons are great for attracting kids to paint.
- There are ten different scents in the package! All of them smell fantastic, in my opinion.
- These twistable crayons are great for long term usage.
- Your kid can easily use this set for creative projects.
- You can trust the quality of the Crayola brand.
These can work correctly if you have a hard time attracting your kids for painting and drawing. The scents are unique, which lures the kids!
Best Crayons For 6 Years Old Kids
Crayola 24 Count Crayons (6-Pack)
- The packs feature 24 counts of Crayola crayons. The total count is 144.
- Colors include apricot, black, blue, blue-green, blue-violet, brown, carnation pink, cerulean, bountiful, grey, green, green-yellow, indigo, orange, red, red-orange, red-violet, scarlet, violet (purple), violet red, white, yellow, yellow-green, yellow-orange.
- The product is exceptionally durable and long-lasting for any kid out there.
- The colors are vibrant and high-quality.
- Suitable for kids above six years of age.
- Non-toxic materials.
- The price is high. If you are looking for a cheap crayon for kids, this is your answer.
4E’s Novelty 576 Crayons
- This is a massive pack of crayons for parents who are looking for the best bang for their buck.
- You will get a total of 576 crayons when you make the purchase.
- If you have a crowded family and continuously run out of crayons, you must purchase this.
- Four pencils individually packed in each package.
- You can also use these crayons as a party favor.
- Material quality is okay.
- You can also use these crayons as gifts since there are too many of them.
- It is highly suggested if you are looking for a cheap and plentiful crayon set for kids!
Crayola Ultimate Crayon Collection
- This set is incredible as it contains 152 different colors for your kid to use.
- Your kid can easily express their imagination skills with this massive set.
- The set includes neon, metallic, and glitter crayons.
- You can also use the crayon sharpener in the set for keeping things nice and steady.
- This set also has a storage caddy, which is useful for messy children.
- If you are looking for a big crayon set with excellent quality you should buy this!
- Suitable for kids above six years of age!
How to Understand Quality Crayons and Use Them Best
First of all, crayons should be safe for children. Therefore, you have to check whether they have certificates like CPSC. In other words, crayons mustn’t harm kids even if they swallow it.
Crayons should be easy for kids to use. They might look colorful and childish. However, that’s not enough to call them attractive for kids. Pencils should be big. Psychomotor abilities are still growing. So, they cannot have pencil-like crayons when they are almost babies. They want easy to grip crayons before they start enjoying them. Durability is the key here. If they break easily, then what’s the point of getting big-enough-crayons in the first place?
Bright colors are always more attractive for toddlers. The ideal color variety is 16. More importantly, types of colors develop their animating skills. You’ll see a more artistic and creative output as you progress.
Make sure your seller offers you a warranty when you buy it. The brand might be perfect, but in case of any production failures, you should be aware to check when crayons arrive.
I prefer washable crayons because those allow a wider variety of activities. You won’t worry about the ground and the table. However, I still prefer them away from the walls.
You can use crayons as gifts. Especially before the holidays, pastels can be very pleasing for you. A crayon gift is one of the best things to make a different space friendly for your children. I used them for my nephews when we went to visit grandma. They naturally wouldn’t find anything, and they would consequently get salty.
Not Every Kid is an Artist
Do not believe the slogans thrown by advertisers.
Moderate your expectations, please. Of course, some kids have artistic talents to make better paintings. However, crayons are just another toy for some children. Give them some opportunity and try to guide them slightly. Nothing should be exaggerated about coloring and painting skills.
Compared to other toys, drawing and coloring have a respectable stand in the pyramid. Moreover, crayons for toddlers help develop motor skills. While using excellent motor skills, they also explore color combinations and differentiate the things they see around.
Frequently asked questions on Crayons
Do they have sharpeners?
For most of the crayon packs, it’s normal for them to exclude sharpeners. It would increase the price unnecessarily.
Are washable crayons washable?
Yes. If famous brands and the best crayons for toddlers claim that their products are washable, they are washable. Indeed, people try this feature when they open the pack. If they failed to be washable, they’d get instantly exposed. Still, they cannot guarantee them as totally washable. Some surfaces with specific materials wouldn’t let you wash crayons. It’s mostly about the deep flaws, etc.
What should be the ingredient of a safe crayon?
Beeswax is the best known unharmful substance used by good manufacturers. However, you still shouldn’t let them habit eating crayons.
What if the little one cannot perform enough pressure?
If you are sure of the product quality, you can use rough paper to solve it. Indeed, smooth surfaces or documents require more pressure.