Balance beams have a huge variety in the market. Especially, balance beams for toddlers come in different sizes and shapes. They also have different colors for genders! Of course, there are some factors you should know before buying a balance beam for your toddler! Since you are buying this one for your toddler we know who is going to use it. Second, how he or she will use it and the third one is the most important one. Where are you going to place it, for your toddler’s practice!
If you are going to get this one for gymnast toddler, the choice is going be different. You have to a pick a reasonable balance beam according to his or her skills! Size and height of the beam are really important here. If your toddler gymnast skill set is low you have to go with wider balance beams. Also, if the beam is closer the ground it’s better for your toddler. You can get higher ones for more skilled children! High beams are generally considered as professional ones however your toddler can still use them under your guidance! Professional type balance beams have the height of 1.25m you should go with lower ones if you are buying balance beam for your toddler! The standard width of a beam is around 10 cm. You can also get wider ones for the beginning!
If your purchase balance beam for a normal physical activity and you don’t have any idea of making your children a gymnast you should follow these tips. You don’t have to pay too much for a balance beam set. There are some good ones between 30$-50$ range. You should look ones which are safe and durable in the place!
As a parent, you must be careful with your toddler’s practice! You have to be patient and you should never rush things. Gymnastics skills are really hard and they are hard to develop. A parent should have perseverance and push your toddler according to his or her skill level! As you progress in terms of skill level, you can buy new balance beams according to your toddler’s skill level!
The place you are going to use it is really important, if you are going to get something for your backyard, you should look ones which are water and weather resistant. The standard length of a balance beam is 5 meters, you can’t probably fit this one into your house! To summarize, make your choice according to place you are going to use the balance beam!
Top Rated 10 Balance Beams for Toddlers
|Joom Beem Purple Non-Folding Competition Style 8Ft Suede Balance Beam||180$||9,8|
|Constructive Playthings Two-Way Balance Beam||85$||9,0|
|JuperbSky Gymnastics 4ft Balance Beam for kids||56$||9,4|
|Tumbl Trak Sectional Floor Balance Beam||65$||9,2|
We Sell Mats 9′ Folding Floor Balance Beam
- We sell mats folding floor balance beam has the quality, it’s one of the best balance beams in the market.
- It’s 9 feet long and durability is really good.
- You can use this one inside your home without any problems.
- Medium-density foam core build is really durable and it allows your toddler to perform gymnastics skills with ease.
- It has 6 different color options including; black, pink, blue, green, red and purple!
- The top surface is 10 centimeters, which is same with the Olympic ones!
If you are buying the balance beam for a skilled toddler or if you want to grow him or her as a gymnast, you can buy this one! It’s suitable for both outdoor and indoor usage! However, I suggest this one for indoor use because of the folding ability. You can easily carry it around and store it anywhere you like! Great for any beginner gymnast out there!
Tumbl Trak Sectional Floor Balance Beam
- Total length is 4 feet which is okay for beginner moves!
- Your toddler can also practice martial arts on it because of the surface!
- If you lack space you can get this small balance beam for toddlers!
- Sometimes the company offers coupon codes which allow for a 10% discount.
- 4 inches high from the ground which is really safe for beginners.
- The top surface is 4 inches, it’s same as the ones used in the Olympics!
- This one is great for indoor use because of size.
This balance beam for toddlers is great! It’s really small and compact, you can easily carry it inside your house. However, storing can be a problem since it’s not foldable! But, this product really has the quality and the looks! If you didn’t like the product above, you can buy this one, they are almost same! But, this one is a little bit smaller and not foldable!
Z-Athletic Gymnastics Folding Training Low Beam – Best Indoors Balance Beam for Toddlers!
- The total length of the balance beam is 9 feet!
- It’s lightweight and easy to carry around, it’s also foldable which is great!
- Made from polyethylene and it’s also highly durable!
- Covered with synthetic suede!
- You can easily fold it into half and store it in any place you like!
- It has different design options! You can pick between 6 design models!
This one has better quality than the other ones and it’s perfect for indoor usage! It’s really durable and sturdy! It’s only a few inches high from the ground which is great for practicing skills! You can also store it easily because it’s foldable! If you are looking for a quality product which you can use for years you can get this balance beam!
Guidecraft Balance Beam
- Made of solid birch beam.
- You can easily use this one outdoors!
- Total length is 72 inches.
- Width is around 3 inches
- Very well constructed and the price is really good for this kind of quality!
- You can easily use this one for toddlers between 2 and 4 ages!
- This product will definitely increase a toddlers concentration.
- You can set it between two positions including; narrow and wide. You can easily switch the sides!
If you are looking for an entrance level gymnastic balance beam this one is great for your kid! You can easily use it outdoors because of the wooden design! The sun won’t have any negative effect on it! You can also easily use the side of this product a different experience! If you are looking to improve your toddler’s basic coordination and balance skills you can get this balance beam!
Constructive Playthings Two-Way Balance Beam
- Solid hard maple beam, extremely durable product.
- It’s made of high-quality material and it’s perfect for outdoor use!
- Height is around 5.5 inches.
- The total length of the balance beam is 75 inches.
This one is a little bit different than the one above! It definitely has a higher quality because of the maple wood! The texture looks really great. It’s suitable for toddlers above 2 years of age! You can buy this wooden balance beam if you are looking for something with more quality!
Joom Beem Purple Non-Folding Competition Style 8Ft Suede Balance Beam Low Profile
- Durable wooden construction as core!
- Suede covered top is easy on the legs and hands!
- 4 inches wide which is great for practicing for real Olympics!
- 6 inches high from the ground, provides a little bit extremity for real practice!
- You can easily install leg braces because of pre-drilled spots!
- Leg braces provide great stability over a tumbling mat!
- Highest quality in the market!
If you are more serious about the training of your toddler or kid, you can get this one. However, this one might be hard to use for some toddlers! Because it almost looks like a real balance beam! If you are looking the get the highest quality and you want to practice your toddler real skills you can get this one!
Powerfly 7 Feet / 8 Feet Gymnastics Foam Balance Beam
- One of the safest balance beam for toddlers!
- It’s only five centimeters high from the ground, which makes it really safe.
- Reasonable price with okay quality.
- Easy to carry around and store. It’s really lightweight.
- You can easily increase your toddler’s ability and confidence with this one.
- The top is 10 inches wide which is the standard!
This is another alternative balance beam for toddlers! It’s only 5 centimeters high from the ground which makes it really usable for toddlers. You can easily increase skills of your small gymnast with this balance beam. I only suggest this one because of the cheap price. If you have more budget you should buy the ones at the top!
Healthstar Foam Balance Beam
- Entry level balance beam for toddlers.
- 6 inches of the walking surface provides better safety. It’s 2 inches bigger than the standard one(4 inches).
- Suitable for beginners.
- It’s low cost and provides great alternative against the more expensive ones.
- 54 inches long!
If you are just starting out and don’t have anything in your mind, you can begin practice by getting this product! It’s absolutely perfect for beginners. You can start by improving basic balance and coordination skills on this balance beam with ease! This is a cheap alternative to all of the products above, you can get it without hesitation!
JuperbSky Gymnastics 4 Feet PVC Sectional Floor Foam Practice Balance Beam for Kids
- Specially designed for young kids.
- Made of PVC.
- Non-toxic materials and it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients!
- 4 inches wide top surface is great, provides great stability.
- You can easily connect different balance beams for longer training areas!
- They are lightweight and easy to carry around!
- It has two color options including blue and purple.
This is an another entry level product. It has a little better quality than the one above! I actually liked this one, it provides everything you need from a balance beam and it has a very reasonable product! I definitely suggest this product who are looking for a price/performance balance beam!
JuperbSky Gymnastics 4ft Balance Beam for Kids
- It has 5 different color options including; azure, blue, pink, red and green!
- 4 feet long and 4 inches on the surface!
- You can connect separate ones with velcro fastener.
- High-quality and durable product!
Balance Beam Types
There are a different type of balance beams in the market. Each one has different qualities. They all made for different purposes and skill levels. In this section I’m going to give you information about the types including;
- High Beam
- Low Beam
- Folding Beams
- Stable Beam
- High balance beams are usually used by bros they are 4 feet high from the ground.
- Most of these types of balance beams generally used in extreme training before the competition.
- Training on the high balance beam is really hard for beginners so I would not suggest this for a toddler.
- Also, a toddler can never do such tricks on a high balance beam.
- Low beams are generally great for beginners.
- You can train your toddler with a low balance beam.
- There are different models in the market.
- Their height varies from 1 inches to 10 inches from the ground.
- 1 or 2 inches higher from the ground should be suitable for toddlers.
- I can definitely suggest low balance beams for toddlers!
- If you lack space this type of balance beam will be good for you.
- You can fold them and store them in a small place.
- There are different models, some are designed like low beams.
- You can find suitable folding balance beams for toddlers with ease.
- Definitely suggested if you lack space.
- Stable beams are generally used at outdoors or gyms.
- There are low and high versions of it.
- Generally made of wood and covered with suede.
- Great way to train for real competition.
- Not suggested for toddlers. However, you can still find low height ones in the post!
How to Pick the Best Balance Beam for my Kid
It’s very important to make a decision about the dimensions you want for the balance beam! The materials are also highly important. For example, a high beam will not be usable by a toddler. Another example, a wooden balance beam with a bad covering material will definitely hurt the hands of your kid. So both dimensions and material quality are really important for the health of your kid!
- Let’s come to a solution. The dimensions should be suitable for your toddler. You should always go with lower height ones in the beginning. You can also pick wooden low height beams for the beginning. They are great for practicing basic balance and coordination for a toddler!
- The surface of the balance beam is really important too. Wooden ones are generally just made for walking. You can only train balance on them with shoes on most of the time. However, if you want to get into real gymnastics. You should pick the ones with suede or leather covered ones! Why should you pay that importance to the material? Because the hard material can easily cause blisters on your child’s hand. So you should always pick the one with the most suitable material.
Are Balance Beams Bad for Your Toddler’s Health?
Balance beams are one of the most important gymnastics equipment out there. There are a variety of exercises your toddler can do with it. This results in a variety of precautions you should take. Since there are too many exercises you can do on it, there can be unwanted health consequences. However, a balanced exercise with a professional coach will definitely eliminate all of this nonsense.
- If your toddler is below age 1 and he or she can barely walk. Of course, balance beam is going to be bad for oneself.
- You can start with basic exercises like walking on the balance beam with help.
- Wooden balance beams or low balance beams will be great for the beginning.
- As your kid makes progress you can slightly begin into other exercises.
- Exercises like handstands or cartwheels should only be done with help of a professional.
If you do everything according to the book, there are no reasons you should be afraid of! It’s really great way to engage your kid in physical activities. Gymnastics is really beneficial to a kid’s health but only if done correctly! Take all of the things into consideration if you want to avoid further problems! Take a care of your children’s health with proper exercises and proper execution of the exercises!