Last Updated on
After your baby starts to make his or her first move you will definitely get excited. You should leave that excitement as soon as possible and help your baby to learn walking. There are of course various of ways to teach your baby walking. One of them is getting a baby walker for your beloved one! It might be a hard decision for the parents because it’s really important and there are various of dangerous walkers out there which can be dangerous for your baby. You should always look out for buying guides and reviews before choosing the best baby walker for your baby!
There are tons of baby walkers out there getting sold from big brands. Classical walkers are generally made of metal or plastic. Walkers are generally suitable for babies aged between 3 months and 16 months of age. There are also banned companies who still sell wheeled walkers out there. Before you get into the world of baby walkers I would like to give you few tips about them.
- You should always get brand new walkers for your baby. There are different kinds of safety standards which are necessary for your baby’s safety. You should always check the warning stickers on the baby walkers if there are no warning stickers on the baby walker you should always look for other baby walkers.
- Like in any toy, you should avoid the walkers with sharp edges which can be trouble later on!
- Find a baby walker which is perfectly suitable for your baby and supports the baby’s weight with ease.
- Wider walkers are best because they will provide more stability. Also, make sure the wheels are also wider in diameter than other walkers.
- Walker should not be tall when your baby sits on it the baby’s feet should touch the floor.
- If your baby going to use the walker inside make sure room isn’t made of wood and carpet. Rugs can drastically slow down the walker which may cause a roll.
- You can get a foldable baby walker if you are out of space.
- You should cover all the sharp edges in the home. Make sure you baby proof all of the areas in your home.
- Your baby should be supervised all of the time during the play.
- You should never leave your baby on a walker more than 10-12 minutes. Longer usages can harm your baby’s development which no parent would want.
- I also suggest you to never carry your baby walker around when your baby in it! You might encounter very nasty accidents.
- Always read the manufacturer’s instructions before you use the baby walker!
Now let’s take a look at latest baby walkers in 2018 which sell most. I’m going to also compile a table which you can inspect the baby walker with ease and make a hasty decision.
Top Baby Walkers in 2018
|Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Walker||8.6|
|Stork Craft Mini-Speedster Activity Walker||8.4|
|Delta Children Lil' Drive Baby Activity Walker||8.0|
|Disney Minnie Mouse Glitter Music and Lights Walker||8.8|
|Disney Music and Lights Walker||8.2|
Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Walker
- Makes it easier for the babies since it’s designed with an elliptical frame which provides a sturdy platform for the baby.
- You can easily remove the toy station if you want to increase the control area.
- Wheels can activate an ocean sound which will thrill your baby.
- 2 link loops specially designed to attach your baby’s toys.
- 2 AA batteries required if you want to enjoy the beautiful sounds of this toy.
- Front wheels swivel which allows more control over the baby walker.
- The walker can easily carry between 16 lbs and 25lbs.
- The toy can’t easily move on the carpet without your help. You should always help your baby if you want the toy to move on the carpet with ease.
- Suitable for babies between 3 months and 16 months of age.
- The toy will not scratch the wood floors.
- Highly suggested for parents who are looking for a trouble free baby walker.
Disney Minnie Music and Lights Walker
- You can easily remove 2 activity trays which can be used separately.
- The seat is adjustable which makes the toy more flexible and it can be used later on.
- Wheels are extremely sturdy, this one can easily move on carpets or wood floor.
- The padded seat can be washed by machine.
- You can fold the walker and carry it around with ease.
- You have to assemble the baby walker before you use it. However, it’s really easy to do, just follow the manual and you will be fine.
- Wheels are great they won’t leave any marks on the wood surfaces.
- This baby walker can easily carry up to 30 lbs of weight.
- Maximum suggested height for this walker is 32 inches.
- I can definitely suggest this one baby girls. They are going to feel loved when they are using it.
Disney Winnie The Pooh Music and Lights Walker
- I really like this one because it comes with 12 different toys.
- You can easily adjust the height between 3 settings with ease.
- The seat can easily hold up to 30 lbs of weight.
- The padded seat is removable and you can wash it.
- Suitable for babies above 4 months of age.
- Wheels are not lockable keep that in mind before you buy it.
- This one can easily roll on low carpets.
- Extremely durable and sturdy design.
- If you are looking for a product with the high durability you should get this one!
Stork Craft Mini-Speedster Activity Walker
- You can easily remove the electronic toy tray.
- The dashboard is extremely funny. Your baby can even use turn signals with ease.
- Three adjustable height positions which may be increased as your baby grows in height.
- Easily foldable with one hand.
- Suitable for children under 26 pounds.
- Meets ASTM and EN safety standards.
- Front wheels swivel and back wheels are stationary.
- This baby walker easily fit in doorways. However, if you have a smaller doorway your baby might have a hard time to pass by.
- Stork Craft mini speedster activity walker is really wide, this makes it highly safe for your baby.
- I can suggest this one if you are looking for a quality product. Your baby can easily use this one on wood surfaces. This one also can be used on low rugs with ease!
Joovy Spoon Walker
- Best product in the market in my opinion.
- The super-sized tray is great and very usable.
- You can also remove the insert with ease and wash it in the washing machine.
- The seat pad is extremely comfortable, your baby is going to feel like a boss.
- You can easily remove the seat pad and wash it in the washing machine.
- Three adjustable height positions which are great for later usage.
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate free which makes product extremely safe for your baby.
- Easily foldable and great for storage.
- Two front wheels swivel with ease.
- Your baby can easily roll on low rugs.
- Wheels are not lockable keep that in mind before you buy the walker.
- I definitely suggest this one if you want to be at peace.
Delta Children Lil’ Drive Baby Activity Walker
- Toy tray easily removable for future activities like feeding time.
- I suggest this baby activity walker for babies who can sit on their own.
- You can easily fold up the baby activity walker for later usage.
- Your baby can easily change directions with 360-degree wheels.
- This walker easily works on the carpets if you take out the stoppers.
- If you want a baby activity walker which is not harmful to wood floor you should get this one.
- The activity makes gear shifting and engine sound which are really cool!
- It requires 2 AA batteries to make sounds.
- I can suggest this one if you are looking an activity walker for your baby boy!
Disney Baby Finding Nemo Sea and Play Walker
- 3 adjustable height positions for a more comfortable riding experience.
- Toy station is easily removable and your baby easily enjoys his or her meals.
- The high seat back is extremely comfortable which is great.
- This product doesn’t work very well on the carpet.
- Suitable for kids between 6 months and 18 months of age.
- Maximum suggested weight is 30 pounds.
- You can remove the wheels and use the walker as stationary.
- This toy has extremely fun music and won’t leave any scratches on the floor.
- Easy to assemble.
- This product is okay but there are better ones on the market for this price. Check them out.
Disney Minnie Mouse Glitter Music and Lights Walker
- The padded seat is removable and machine washable.
- One thing that is definitely good about this product is play tray is definitely large.
- The seat is adjustable to three different heights.
- You can easily fold it down and carry around.
- Wheels are extremely durable you can use them on rugs, carpets or wood surface.
- This walker doesn’t have brakes keep that in mind before you buy it.
- Suitable for babies above 3 months of age.
- Minnie will make tunes when you turn her around.
- I can suggest this one if you are into Disney characters. However, there are better quality products out there.
Cosco Simple Steps Walker, Monster Syd
- I really love Monster Syd that’s why I give you information about this product.
- There are great toys to improve motor skills of your baby on this product.
- You can easily remove the tray and wash it in the dishwasher.
- Suggested maximum height is 32 inches and maximum weight is 30 pounds.
- The seat pad is extremely safe and it can be washed in the machine.
- You can easily assemble the product. It’s extremely easy.
- This walker is really compact you can easily carry it around which makes it valuable for travel situations.
- Two front wheels swivel which helps the baby to control the walker.
- Back wheels are fixed they just move forward and backward.
- There are grip strips on the bottom which prevents the baby walking over surfaces.
- I suggest this one if you are looking for a compact sized baby walker.
Disney Music and Lights Walker
- This is definitely best walker of Disney, I suggest parents getting this one if you are obsessed with Disney.
- You can easily fold it and carry it around.
- Great for traveling.
- Suitable for baby girls.
- The base area is extremely wide which provides additional stability for your baby.
- You can easily adjust the height of the walker.
- Disney Music and Lights Walker meets ASTM standards.
- It can’t move easily on the carpets.
- You can easily remove the seat and wash it.
- Suggested maximum height is 32 inches.
- Front ones swivel for extra mobility.
- I can definitely suggest this walker. It’s extremely durable and looks nice.
Baby Walker FAQ
There are many parents out there who gets every baby gear possible in the market but I think this waste of money. We all need a stroller, walker or a car seat for our babies. There are also various of necessities for our babies like toys and other stuff. The walker is kind of topical. Let me answer a few of questions which are asked enormously by parents!
Do i really need a walker? Why do i need them?
Baby walkers are great helpers to our babies. They help our babies to put his feet on the ground with ease. Walking is the most challenging thing in a baby’s life! Babies are also intimated by the thought of it. Some of the babies are really lucky on this topic because they possess some physical ability to walk. However, it’s definitely frightening to walk without any help! This is where baby walkers are really helpful. They will provide a stable help to your baby’s walking exerts. They will support the body of the baby and they can easily mimic the walking function.
When do I need a walker?
Babies start to crawl first few weeks. You might try to hold them and make them walk after some time. If you feel like your baby is ready you can try to make the baby walk. Every baby is different and there is no certain time to make them walk! Some babies walk really early and some of them crawl until first age! At your first tries, your baby might cry this is perfectly normal. You can try walkers which are attached with toys, these toys will definitely keep your baby busy! With the help of these toys, you can keep your baby inside the walker with ease!
Which walker should I choose?
You should always go with a high-quality walker from a trusted brand. We have compiled the latest walker for your baby to enjoy. Just read the list if you don’t have any idea. However, there are some crucial factors which can help you later on. You should always look removable trays. This function is great because you might want to use your walker as a table. You also won’t have to chase the toddler with a plate in your hand. Back seat comfort is highly important since toddler is going to use most of his or her time inside the walker! You should also keep height and weight of your baby into consideration.
Are walkers harmful?
They might be harmful sometimes. You should keep your baby inside the walker at 10 minutes tops. You should always let the baby to crawl. So the baby can easily understand the difference between walking and standing. You should also watch the progress of your baby. This is really important because if your baby doesn’t make any progress that means it’s too early for the baby! You should never let the baby fully focus on the walker. Just let the baby crawl and let the baby enjoy his or her own muscles!