We are going to review top 10 drum sets for kids, each one is in depth reviewed. We listed all the pros and cons and made sweet comparison table. Hope you will enjoy this musical toy review.
- 1 Benefits of a Kids Drum Set
- 2 Important Factors of a Drum Set
- 3 Best 10 Drum Set for Kids
- 3.1 Mendini by Cecilio 16 inch 5-Piece Complete Kids / Junior Drum Set
- 3.2 Junior Kid Child Drum Set Kit
- 3.3 Best Choice Products Kids Electronic Toy Drum Set
- 3.4 Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Kit
- 3.5 Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece Kids / Junior Drum Set
- 3.6 Velocity Toy Drum Set for Children 11 Piece
- 3.7 Fisher Price Music Big Bang Drum set with Lights
- 3.8 Best Choice Products 11 Piece Kids Drum Set Kids
- 3.9 Sound Percussion Labs Lil Kicker
- 3.10 GP Percussion GP50: 3-Piece
- 4 So how I can pick the best drum set?
Benefits of a Kids Drum Set
Kids love to beat anything and this includes the drum sets! You can give a child a simple wooden spoon and a pot and they will start thumping in a few seconds! There are some kids out there who just born with music ears. They have some natural sense in them. If your kid has musical traits like that, it’s good to introduce them with a musical instrument. You can easily do this by getting a drum set for kids! These drums are generally considered one of the most used musical devices out there! They will also develop hand-eye coordination, make them burn some calories during the play session.
There are many different configured drum sets out there! If you sense your child has the skill, you should help him or her to develop this skills! The drums I’m going to share can be a great starting point for kids! They will definitely improve their skills in no time! If you a space to devote to your children it will be a great experience for the kid! Make sure the kid is not disturbed during the play time! Give them peace so they can easily develop their musical skills! The drum sets
The drum sets are also great for your child’s creativity. It’s a really good feeling to see your kid improving his or her skills every single day. If you don’t want to start with a real drum, you can check out the Google’s app store for drum games. There are some Android games out there which can be great for the child!
Drum sets for kids are a definitely great way to bring out kid’s talent. The development stages are really crucial and you can easily implement musical toys in there! You should always support your child even if it makes too much noise! The child’s development stage should include musical toys like drums, pianos and guitars. They are generally great for concentrate and hand-eye coordination. Buying a drum set for your kid is a sign support. They are also generally inexpensive way to start musical abilities! If you want to make your kid happy, you can read the rest of the articles. The reviews will give you plenty of ideas about drum sets! You can also check the last part if you don’t know anything about drum sets for kids!
Important Factors of a Drum Set
One of the most important factors when it comes to buying a drum set. You have to check all of the materials are safe to use and will not cause any harm. Make sure the drums you are getting are good quality and made of good material.
It will be impossible for your kid to use a drum that’s taller than own height. You should be really careful about this and get a drum according to kid’s height.
You have to care about stability if you get this for little toddlers. Things can get easily nasty if it’s not stable enough.
Best 10 Drum Set for Kids
Mendini by Cecilio 16 inch 5-Piece Complete Kids / Junior Drum Set
- Suitable for kids 2.5 ft to 5 ft tall
- 16″ x 11″ Bass Drum, 10″ x 5″ and 8″ x 6″ Tom Toms
- 12″ x 10″ Floor Tom, 10″ x 6″ Matching Snare Drum
- Adjustable round padded drum throne, sticks are made from wood.
- Easy to set up, less than 30 minutes for a woman.
- Suitable for ages 5 and 10.
- Skins will hold up really well for gentle use.
- It’s one of the best drums for kids out there. Fully functional and designed especially for kids(entry level).
- You can set it up easily and play in no time.
- Perfect gift for young drumsters.
- 1 Year warranty against defects.
- 8″ Hi-Hat with Chain Driven Cymbal and Stand, 10″ Crash Cymbal with Bass Drum Mounted Stand
- Includes: Round padded height adjustable drum throne, Bass drum pedal, A pair of wooden drum sticks, Easy to read set up instructions (Assembly is required)
Price: $ 149.80List Price: $ 299.99
Junior Kid Child Drum Set Kit
- Wooden drum shell for durability.
- Comes with a pair of drumsticks.
- You can adjust drum throne with ease.
- Easy to set-up, you might need some assemblies.
- Ideal and cheaper than most drum sets.
- It won’t take too much space as other products.
- You have to tighten the drums really hard or it will fall hard all over the place.
- It might be little small for kids older than 5.
- Healthy PVC and maple wood material.
- Set-up takes around 15-20 minutes.
- Color: Blue, Black, Red, Silver
- Bass drum size: 12″x 10″
- Snare drum size: 8.5″x 5.5″
- Tom Drum size: 8.5″x 5.5″
- Cymbal Size: 8″
- Drum Material: Maple & PVC
- Sticks material: maple
Price: List Price: $ 132.95
Best Choice Products Kids Electronic Toy Drum Set
- It comes with a volume adjustment knob. You can set the tone to make soft or loud noise.
- Drum set contains a bass drum, left and right snare drum, microphone, and a cymbal.
- 5 Different background music built inside.
- You can use them as rhythm.
- 4 light-up buttons.
- The company recommends usage for 3 years old but it’s really small for 3 years old.
- You can safely use for 2 years old.
- We provided this product as a cheap alternative.
- Comes with a microphone and foot pedal.
- It looks like a toy because of the size and colors.
- Small sized and fits to most places.
- 3 AA batteries are required (not included) and the recommended age of user is 3 years & older
- Drum Set Dimensions: 27″(L) x 8″(W) x 25″(H) & Stool Dimensions: 8″(Diameter) x 10″(H)
Price: List Price: $ 79.99
Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Kit
- Screws are not that good.
- Drum construction gets a five point from us.
- You can use it for 3 to 10 years old.
- Start playing instantly, easy setup takes around 30 minutes.
- Replacement parts found easily.
- Quality is really excellent for a junior drum set kid.
- One of the ultimate sellers in the market.
- Assembly required.
- Comes with separate junior sized drumsticks and normal drumsticks.
- Price/performance product.
Price: $ 169.95List Price: $ 169.95
Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece Kids / Junior Drum Set
- Age Group: 3 to 8 yrs old
- 13″ x 8″ Bass Drum, 8″ x 6″ Mounted Tom
- 10″ x 4″ Mounted snare drum
- 8″ Cymbal with cymbal arm
- Adjustable drum throne
- Easy set-up, takes 30 minutes.
- BEST SELLER DRUM SET FOR KIDS.
- Best bang for the buck.
- High-quality materials.
- It comes with a seat.
- Small boxing and free shipping.
- Really great drum set for beginners.
- 1-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
- It’s real drum set but a small one.
- Comes with earplugs!
- Cymbal made of an unpleasant racket, you can easily change it.
This is a great drum set for the aspiring drummer. Smaller sized genuine hardwood shells with triple flanged hoops make this the perfect first set for the younger player. It includes everything needed to get off to a great start. The drums and cymbal are mounted off the bass drum for easy set up while providing a small footprint, taking up minimal space. Buy with confidence as it comes with a 1-year warranty against any manufacturer’s defects.
Price: $ 79.99List Price: $ 129.99
Velocity Toy Drum Set for Children 11 Piece
- Great and shiny colors.
- Materials are not that good, but it really has style.
- It will keep your kid interested in the drum.
- Includes Everything Needed, Drums, Cymbal, Drumsticks, Chair, Kick Pedal · Drums Include Bass Drum, 2 Large Tom-Toms, 3 Small Tom-Toms
- It’s mostly recommended for ages 3+ and up.
- Easy to set-up.
- No instructions to set up properly.
- I wouldn’t recommend this for parents who are not experienced.
- 30 day return policy.
- Materials are plastic.
List Price: $ 64.99
Price: $ 39.95
Fisher Price Music Big Bang Drum set with Lights
- Best for ages 1 to 3.
- Complete toy drum set.
- Beautifully designed drums with flashing lights.
- Electronic toy drum set which works with 3 AG13 batteries.
- Easy to assemble.
- You don’t need any tools to set it up.
- Materials are not durable.
- For this price, this is the best you can get.
- If you just want a toy drum set, get it otherwise stay away from this product.
Price: $ 65.21List Price: $ 34.99
Best Choice Products 11 Piece Kids Drum Set Kids
- Entry level drum kids drum set.
- A total of 11 pieces. 1 bass drum, 1-foot pedal, 5 tom drums, 1 cymbal, 2 drumsticks, and 1 stool
- It does it job until you need a better one.
- It has 2 plastic drumsticks in it.
- Suggested for ages 3 to 6.
- Easy to assemble.
- Might be little taller for some kids.
- The seat is a little bit low and not adjustable.
- It’s really tiny drum set.
- Perfect size for 4 years old.
- Durable product for the price.
Price: $ 24.99List Price: $ 64.95
Sound Percussion Labs Lil Kicker
- Simple 3 piece drum set for kids!
- It has the same standard size with full sets.
- This is a great set if you want your kid to experience the pro feeling.
- I suggest this one for kids above 7 years old.
- If you are sure about your kid’s passion for drums you should get this one!
- Perfect set for starter drumsters!
- The sound of drums is extremely cool, the snare sound is also good enough!
- You can easily tune the drum heads or replace them.
- Plywood shells are high-quality enough promotes great sound!
- CPSIA certified.
- The cymbals are not up to par with professional sets. However, this is a common problem amongst the drum sets for kids!
- This one makes a great gift for Christmas or birthday, it has very nice colors.
- I can definitely suggest this one kid around 7-10 years old!
GP Percussion GP50: 3-Piece
- Durable enough to last for years.
- Height adjustable stool is great, makes it usable for your kid for a few years.
- Full 1-year warranty.
- Real wood shells are great, gives the feeling of a professional drum set.
- Extremely easy to set-up takes around only 30 minutes for most people!
- If you read the instructions you won’t come across any problems about assembling.
- The quality of cymbals is not good enough.
- Some of the parts are not labeled so you might have some trouble installing if you don’t have the experience.
This drum set is definitely suitable for kids around 6-9 years old. The size is perfect for a kid around that age. You might also want to check the 5-piece version of it if your kid is skilled enough.
- 16″ x 11″ Bass Drum
- Bass Drum Pedal
- Drum Key
- All stands and hardware included
- 10″ x 5″ Snare
- 10″ x 6″ Tom
- 10″ Crash Cymbal
So how I can pick the best drum set?
Children are better learners than us! You will understand that when you get the drum set, they will find the pros and cons of the drum set while playing. Learning is an easy thing for them. However, we should always strive to pick the best set of them if we want to avoid any problems!
The drum sets for kids are generally same with the adult drum sets! The only difference is in the sound since the size difference is too much! The pieces are all there, they are used in adult sets too! Same placement is also used in kids drum set so there is absolutely nothing different! The main goal of the drum set for kids is getting kids familiar with the principles of a drum set. They will learn the feeling of playing a drum set as they grow up.
Suitable ones for ages between 2 and 4
There are too many options available on the market and it’s hard to make choice, I already reviewed some of the best sellers on the market! However, if you want to learn simple tips for getting the best drum set, just keep reading. During the ages between 2 and 4, it’s really important to let your kid have fun. They generally have short attention span during this time of their childhood. So you should get the drums which are colorful and attractive! If you want to develop a sense of enjoyable experience you should go with the way I said, instead of forcing them to something professional! Take a look at the colors, pick something blue, red, yellow and maybe pink. The drum sets also should be made of wood or rubber. You should make sure it’s made from safe materials! You will understand if your child is interested in drums or not in a short time!
What about age 7+?
If your child is around 7-8 years old, you can get a real thing. Real drum experience has different price sets! They generally start around 100$ which is a reasonable price. The drum sets under 200$ are generally chrome plated rack mounts. They also have mini cymbals which should be enough for children! It’s really important to get something with quality because your children will understand the authentic drum tune! You should look into a drum with authentic tuning keys and lugs! Generally, real drums have around 6 and 8 tuning lugs. If you buy something lower than that, congratulations you’ve bought a toy drum. Your kid is going to be pissed!
There is also another tip from me! Let your kid help you when you are assembling the drum for the first time! This will form a bond between the kid and the drum set! It can be a 3 piece or 4 piece drum set! However, you should always make sure it can give a real world drum experience! You should always buy drum sets with wooden drum shells instead of plastic. Plastic ones generally have stability problems and they are not suggested!